Based upon the original WW2 1940 RAF "Battle of Britain" Sheepskin Aviator Jacket designed by American aviator Leslie Irvin. Our own unique take on a British classic - made from 100% British Sheepskin, and includes a double-panel back as opposed to the traditional four-panel, demanding only the best and purest Sheep hides (due to their size), and resulting in a much cleaner and premium quality jacket.
Additional improvements on the traditional design include re-inforced belt loops and box stitched belt-ends, with a double-thickness belt, collar strap and zip pulls, all resulting in a far more durable and longer-lasting jacket.
All zips are the best that we could possibly buy, and the jacket has been hand-finished with solid brass fittings throughout (including a unique brass belt close), with Goldtop motif rivets adding further definition to all zip pulls.
Sizing is true-to-size and will appear "fitted" if you are planning on wearing this jacket with a t-shirt or thin jumper, however, we do advise going for one size larger than what you would normally wear if you are planning to wear this with a thicker jumper or alongside one of 100% Merino Wool Submariner Sweaters!
See a review of this jacket on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0oGnhXSvRM
The "Battle of Britain" 1940 RAF Sheepskin Flying Jacket
- 100% Brtish Sheepskin with Light Ginger / Tan wool
- Based upon the original 1940 "Battle of Britain" sheepskin aviators jacket
- Single split full-panel back (not split into quarters like the originals!)
- Solid Brass buckles, fittings, and clasps
- Premium quality polished-gold effect zips
- Double thickness belt, collar strap, and zip pulls (with Goldtop Rivet finish)
- Period ringlet armpit design
- Box-stitched belt with reinforced belt loops for durability
- Comes with a complimentary branded breathable nylon garment cover